The Service aims to keep the eradication of poverty as a priority on the political agenda.
It was established by the Federal Government, the Regions and Communities as an instrument in the fight against poverty, insecurity and social exclusion.
In consultation with associations where the poor have a chance to speak, Public Centres for Social Welfare, trade unions, professionals from different sectors, administrations, etc., the Service produces analyses and recommendations for policy makers in our country.
- Reaching precarious groups in the COVID-19 vaccination strategy, Combat poverty service’s presentation – ENNHRI ESCR WG, 26 May 2021.
- Sustainability and poverty. Contribution to political debate and action. Biennial report 2018-2019 – Download summary.
Full text available in French and Dutch.
Watch the video ‘Statements on the dialogue process 2018-2019’ (14 min).
- Unia’s, Myria’s and Combat Poverty Service’s contribution to the analysis of the 6th Periodic Report of the Belgian Human Rights Committee of the United Nations : 6th Parallel Periodic Report of Belgium 2019 + Appendix 1 endnotes
- Role of NHRIs in advancing economic and social rights highlighted at ENNHRI Annual Conference, 14 November 2019 :
◊ See the poster of the Combat Poverty Service
◊ Listen to Henk Van Hootegem of the Combat Poverty Service
- Read about the mission, the approach and activities of the Combat Poverty Service in publications of Ennhri :
◊ Publication: A Human Rights-Based Approach to Poverty Reduction and Measurement – A Guide for NHRIs (4 November 2019)
◊ Leaflet: Aligning Poverty Reduction & Measurement with Human Rights & SDGs (7 March 2019)
- Parallel report by the Combat Poverty, Insecurity and Social Exclusion Service, Myria and Unia, on the fifth and sixth periodic reports submitted by Belgium pursuant to article 44 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, 28 February 2018
- A rights-based approach to combating poverty in Europe: between policy and (good) practice
5th Meeting of the CoE-FRA-ENNHRI-EQUINET Collaborative Platform
on Social and Economic Rights, 26 September 2017
- United Nations Human Rights Council’s – Universal Periodic Review.
Second cycle – 24th Session BELGIUM. Compilation of the contributions , June 2015
- Citizenship and poverty. Biennial report 2016-2017 – Download summary.