The Partnership Agreement concerning the continuation of the policy on poverty in Belgium determines the tasks of the Combat Poverty, Insecurity and Social Exclusion Service:
- to inventory, systematize and analyze information about insecurity, poverty, social exclusion, and access to rights on the basis of established indicators;
- to make concrete recommendations and proposals in order to improve policy and schemes for the prevention of insecurity, for the fight against poverty, and for the integration of people into the society;
- to prepare a report at least every two years;
- to issue, at the request of one of the signatory parties, the Interministerial Conference “Integration in Society”, or on its own initiative, recommendations or to prepare interim reports on any issue that is related to an area that belongs to its tasks;
- to organize structural dialogue with the poorest people.
Read the ‘Partnership Agreement’ in French, Dutch or German.